Friday, October 19, 2012

Hors piste

Hey,  I'm sure that there is a completely innocent explanation for this sort of thing (and if you believe that you just might be interested in a bridge I have for sale), on disruptive trends, and how bikes can make sense...

This current news over at Noonsite was not exactly the sort of news that fills me with joy.

Having spent a lot of time in the Canary Islands it is one of my favorite places to cruise and hang out. So news that it is becoming less cruiser friendly is not something I want to read about with my morning coffee, but then there it is... Bummer.

Sadly, this is the future we find ourselves in and folks on boats of a nomadic nature who are not on mega-yachts or of the compulsive consumerism form of yachting are going to find that a lot of places are not going to be welcoming them with open arms as suggested new rules (pdf) for the USVI attest.

That said, it's a big world and, if one is willing to cruise hors-piste, there is always a way to make it work. Point of fact it might all even be for the better...

Listening to Bob Marley

So it goes...